Owner / Head Coach
Experienced College Kicking Coach
Coaching Kickers since 2013
As the Head Coach At 3-Step Kicking, my ultimate goal is to ensure our student athletes reach their full potential as top-performing kickers — without draining their bank account.
When I was kicking in high school, it was always hard to find proper training close by at an affordable cost. I would have to drive 3-4 hours or jump on a plane and pay hundreds of dollars an hour for quality instruction. This encouraged me to start my own business in 2013, Muzz Kicking, where I trained high school kickers to compete at the college level. I continued my business throughout my college football career.
I was honored to be asked to serve as the Kicking Coach for the Monmouth College kickers in the 2016 season, where we became Midwest Conference Champions finishing with a 10-1 record. Helping these athletes excel and seeing their progress has been very rewarding.
Through my education as an Exercise Science major, I learned and experienced first-hand the impact strength and conditioning can have on a kicker’s performance. I also learned that even the best kickers can fail without a strong, stable mind. This led me to expand my business, now known as 3-Step Kicking. In order to be a top-performing kicker you need to 1) master kicking fundamentals 2) condition your body to execute the kick, and 3) be mentally strong enough to handle the unique challenges you face as a kicker. Our 3-Step process addresses each of these areas.
Not only do I want my student athletes to walk away with more knowledge on how to better their body/mind and kicking ability, but also on how to become an overall better person.
- Invite to Kohl’s Pro Combine- Phoenix, Arizona 2016 and 2017
- Midwest Conference- First Team All Conference 2015
- Varsity Letter Award Winner
- Led the team in scoring 2015
- Led the conference in regular season scoring by a kicker 2015
- Second Longest FG Made in Monmouth College Football History 50 Yards 2015
- 42/42 PAT’s 2015 100% Highest Percentage in School History
- 42 Consecutive PAT’s made, 2nd most in School History
- Multiple (3 weeks) Midwest Conference special team’s Notable Performance of the week recognition 2015
- USA College Football Special Teams Player of the week Honorable Mention 10/10/15
- Special Invite to the Kohl’s College Elite Kicker Camp Summer 2015
- Received Special Teams Player of the Game award in first College start at Monmouth – 09/2012
- 4 Year Varsity Starter, Monmouth College
- Named to Kornblue’s “Fab 50” national ranking of kickers, Miami FL – 12/2011
- Kornblue National Kicking Challenge (invitation only) Miami FL – 6th Place, Kickoffs – 12/2011
- Kornblue Fab 50 Kicking Camp, Chicago IL – 1st Place, FG Competition – 10/2011
- University of Iowa Specialist Camp – 2nd Place, FG Competition – 6/2011
- University of Illinois Specialist Camp – Top 5 Finisher, FG Competition – 6/2011
- Recognized as U.S. Air Force Team and IHSA Upstate 8 River Conference Player of the Week – 10/24/2010
- IHSA Boys Football All-Time Individual Records (Scoring Offense) – Most Field Goals Made (3), Game – 10/22/2010
Monmouth College, Kicking Coach (2016 Season)
Kicker: Joey Biel, Freshman Varsity Kicker (Obtained 4 Monmouth Records)
Muzz Kicking/3-Step Kicking, Coach/Founder (2013 – present)
Train high school and college kickers to compete at the next level
Bachelor of Science in Exercise Science (2012 – 2016)
Monmouth College, Monmouth, IL
- Degree: Exercise Science
- Partial Academic Scholarship
- Midwest Leaders Scholarship